Sunday, February 10, 2013

Enough Whining

I've been moaning and whining to myself today (and yesterday too, to be honest) about having to write a final paper to complete classes from my recent intensive in Dubuque. I got an extension, and I needed it because of ord exams. So now it's due Friday, and I have all the material I need to write it, but I just need to maintain sufficient focus and motivation to do so. But I seem to be more interested in playing computer games, or shopping, or accepting numerous interruptions by my cat, my Facebook friends, or anything else I can do other than write.

With the sun going down, my thoughts were turning to what to reheat for dinner, and how much longer until I could go watch Downton Abbey.

And all of a sudden it hits me. I'm really grateful that I am able to be in this masters' program at all. I mean, really. Mountains have moved to make it possible for me to do this. Significant life changes have happened to enable this path, this journey, to be possible. And I am trapped by one more paper? Am I really going to make these last three months as difficult as possible?

OK, I'm done whining now. Back to it. With gratitude.

[But I still will be watching Downton Abbey tonight....]

2 comments:

  1. I always consider it "prewriting." Maybe it hasn't quite percolated enough. Of course, when push comes to shove, you need to put the bottom in the chair and just do it. Good luck. And congratulations on completing the journey this far. Just one little paper...Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leslie! Fresh start in the morning is my plan. Mornings are my best time.

    ReplyDelete